|To save time during the crunch, prep all hard goods in advance and store until needed.
– Design Note
Photograph by Boschler Creative Solutions. Product donated by Hofland.
- two mini gerberas
- three stems green hydrangea
- two pots four-inch kalanchoe
- four roses
- five stems vinca vine
- one stem camelia leaves and buds
- one stem seeded eucalyptus
- one metre wired edge ribbon
- half-metre sheer fabric
- one metre rhinestone banding
- two rhinestone hair bands
- one package rhinestone flower pins
- eight-inch square of quarter-inch foam core
- Cut eight-inch circle out of the foam core, and a three-inch circle in the core’s centre. Wrap four sets of #18 wire with corsage tape, three wires in each set. Fold over foam core and twist together at centre opening.
- Wrap ends of hair bands with #18 wire and cover in corsage tape. Insert both bands through centre opening, allowing wire to become part of handle. Wrap fabric with rhinestone banding. Wire one end and pull through centre of form. Add extra wire to handle if needed. Glue fabric in swirl on top of core and add remaining components. Add pins and finish back with bits of foliage. Decorate handle.
Kathy Mustard aifd, cafa, is president of Creative Floral Concepts
Inc., in Hamilton, Ont. The company specializes in window display,
visual merchandising and consulting.